Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Mantra

The first thing I do every morning when I wake up is pray. Right there in bed, which is why sometimes I fall right back asleep. I pray for the kids of course, but I also pray for my upcoming day. There's one verse that I always run through in my head but in a different version.

I am patient, I am kind. I do not envy, I do not boast, I am not proud. I am not rude, I am not self-seeking, I am not easily angered, I keep no record of wrongs. I do not delight in evil but rejoice with the truth. I will always protect, always trust, always hope, always persevere. I will not fail.


I'm hoping it will become so ingrained on my brain that I won't have to recite it anymore.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a great verse to pray.

I don't have a problem staying awake when I pray in bed in the morning. It's at night before bed that that happens to me. That's why I've taken to just getting on my knees and praying. It keeps me awake and prevents me from rambling. ;-)

Veronica Lee said...

That's a great verse and praying is a great start to the day.

God Bless!!

Helene said...

What a wonderful way to start the day! I really should do that...I'm usually too tired in the evening. I like the verse that you've taken as your mantra!