Thank goodness the weekend is over. For most, weekends are time of relaxation but not me. I started off the weekend teaching, and by the time I was done on Saturday afternoon, I came home and crashed in bed. Then I had to do some shopping, which I only do while Kevin's home to watch the kids because it's just too hard to lug 3 kids around. Sunday morning, we went to church, and then early in the evening I went out with a friend. After that, I had to meet up with the rest of the family at my in-laws' for dinner with a visiting aunt. For a homebody like me, that's a lot of activity. Which is why I'm so relieved it's Monday, when I can just rest at home with the kids. Since it's supposed to rain tomorrow, we'll probably stay in again. Thank goodness.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Last time, I answered a series of questions. This time, Kevin gives his opinions...
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30 a.m.
2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
3. What is your favorite TV show? Teen Titans if it's still on
4. What did you have for breakfast? oatmeal
5. What is your favorite cuisine? all
6. What foods do you dislike? peas
7. Your favorite Potato chip? sweet potato chips
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Rebecca St. James
9. What kind of car do you drive? Nissan Maxima
10. Favorite sandwich? roast turkey with cranberry sauce
11. What characteristics do you despise? people who say without trying "i don't know how to do it"
12. What are your favorite clothes? cargo pants with hooded sweatshirt
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation,where WOULDN'T you go?
14. Where would you want to retire to? my private estate
15. Favorite time of day? early evening after work before dark when I take the kids to the park
16. Where were you born?
17. What is your favorite sport to watch? Ultimate Fighting
18. Pepsi or Coke? Coke
19. Are you a morning person or night owl? night owl
20. What did you want to be when you were little? doctor, as brainwashed by my parents
21. What is your best childhood memory? None
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Okay, wallowing time over. Not that it wasn't a lot of fun, but it's kinda difficult to do and still keep up with the laundry, diaper changes, and basically running a household. Kids are good that way; they force you to get on with things. Anyway, it's not as if I'm dying or something (I apologize if that's how it sounded). It ain't the end of the world.
Meanwhile, my stubborness is kicking in. It's one of my biggest faults but sometimes an asset. I'm determined not to let this latest development ruin all my good plans. I'm not one of those people who thrives on constant challenges, but every once in awhile, a good one is worth it.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11