I saw these questions over at a-nut-in-a-nutshell.blogspot.com and just had to steal it. It is all about my mom. She definitely deserves the spotlight.
1. What is something your mom always says?
The word eat. As in "what do you want to eat" or "did you eat" or "do you want something to eat" or "what do you want me to make you to eat."
2. What makes your mom happy?
Connecting with her family. Not just us but her brothers and in-laws too.
3. What makes your mom sad?
When my dad is inconsiderate of her. Also when her daughter (not me) goes on vacation with the mother-in-law instead of her.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
By doing off-the-wall and unexpected things. For example, using a piece of pvc tubing to whack herself on the back (it's her massager). And also when she goes into a jealous tirade over my dad's ex from eons ago. Watching my dad sputter is hilarious.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
She claims she was rebellious. Her mother, my grandmother, was the most old-fashioned and out of touch person, so anyone would have been considered rebellious coming from that household. She was (and still is) very pretty and spoiled early on but then became the responsible one after her older sister passed away.
6. How old is your mom?
She would kill me.
7. How tall is your mom?
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Talk on the phone, go to her senior dance class, watch the news, read the newspaper.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Hang out with her friends, go to her senior community functions, drag my dad to the health club, cook a week's worth of food for us, hem all of our clothing.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Either for her vast knowledge of the news or her sukoku skills.
11. What is your mom really good at?
Guilt trips, sudoku, cooking.
12. What is your mom not really good at?
Saying no to a request for help, driving.
13. What does your mom do for a job?
It's a hard one - my dad's caretaker.
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Sticky rice cake, fish eyeballs, crab, anything with red bean.
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Her determination to have a healthy, independent life outside of her kids. This is hard for her because she's kinda codependent.
16. What do you and your mom do together?
Eat and talk.
17. How are you and your mom the same?
We love to read the newspaper. And we both have kids. Not to mention 50% of the same DNA.
18. How are you and your mom different?
She likes dealing with financial numbers, and I hate it. She loves to go out and stay busy, but I'm a total homebody.
19. How do you know your mom loves you?
What kind of dumb question is this?
20. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
I'm very lucky to have had her as my mom. I only hope to be as good of a mom as she is!