Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's just like Him

I love this story about the prophet Elijah fleeing from Ahab and Jezebel who were trying to kill him. He had done this big presentation proving to the people that their idol was false, and here they were trying to kill him, so he ran off and hid in a cave. But the Lord had other plans for him. He told Elijah to stand on a mountain so that he could feel the Lord's presence when He passed by.

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. I Kings 19:11-12

He has been gently whispering to me my whole life. I'm thankful He didn't rage at me, although He had every right and power to do. A good reminder for the next time I feel like yelling at the kids.


No comments: