Tuesday, January 13, 2009

There by the Grace of God

Our New Year got off to an explosive start...literally. The house next to the one across the street caught fire and burned. We thought it was some wayward fireworks but apparently it was arson.

Here's the view from our driveway

Giant hole in the roof. Luckily no one was home at the time.

In case it's not obvious, this is what the roof is supposed to look like.
The moral of this post is to check your smoke detector or put it back on like we did.


6 comments:

blueviolet said...

That's terrible and so scary that it got so close to your own house. I'm glad yours is safe though.

Opus #6 said...

Woo! That cuts WAY too close to home. Glad to hear everybody is OK.

Veronica Lee said...

What a scary thing to happen. I'm glad everyone is ok.

Helene said...

Wow, that is really scary how close it came to your house! Glad you're all okay!

Welcome to the Follow Me club!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi again Fearless Mom. I have an award for you!

PoLoverLorna said...

arson?!?! i want to hear about it. maybe next weekend...