Monday, July 14, 2008

Books on My Shelf

Parents in Charge: Setting Healthy, Loving Boundaries for You and Your Child - It was pure wishful thinking when I saw the first part of the title.

"Mom, Jason's breathing on me!": the Solution to Sibling Bickering - Great title, not so great content. The author claims that a main point of sibling arguing is the struggle for the parents to take each child's side, so the "solution" is to always stay out of it, never interfere. I had such high hopes for this book.

Learning to Cook - better late than never

WomenHeart's All Heart Family Cookbook - healthy recipes that read great but get laughed at by my husband. For example, using tofu instead of cream in alfredo.

Who's Afraid of Marie Curie?: the Challenges Facing Women in Science and Technology - since both me and the husband majored in science, I figured chances are good that one of my daughters would get into it. Thought I would check out what she would be facing.

Sex & the Soul: Juggling Sexuality, Spirituality, Romance, and Religion on America's College Campuses - again, to start preparing for what the kids have to face. Plus it had the "sex" in big letters.


No comments: