Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Birthday

Another birthday has come and gone. It was a good one, pretty calm and low-key, like me. Over the weekend my sisters drove down here to celebrate, which is a big deal in LA traffic and today's hectic lifestyle. Then Kevin cooked one of my favorite meals complete with homemade dessert. That man is heaven-sent.

As I get older, I'm more partial to birthdays. It's the only day that's about me, no one else but me. Christmas is about Jesus and the kids, our anniversary is about both me and Kevin, Mother's Day is about my mother and mother-in-law, only my birthday is Pam's Day and no one else's. As a mother who's trained to think of everyone else
(still working on that), I'm holding onto my birthday for myself, even if it means getting wrinkles and losing brain cells.

Besides, I'm thankful for the time that has allowed me to have 4 great kids and 15 years with a heaven-sent man. So I'm another year older, another year happier, hopefully another year wiser. Thank you to everyone who made my birthday - and my life - special.

No comments: