Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Long Weekend Together

Sorry about the long absence. One thing about being a stay-at-home mom is that the kids get every holiday imaginable to mankind, even more than government offices. Not only did they get yesterday off but they also got the other president's birthday off as well.

We like to completely escape from our everyday routine on days off. That means going to bed late, going out all the time even if a kid has a fever, sleeping in, and not blogging. I wouldn't mind the blogging except it is too noisy to have any coherent thoughts with all the kids running around.

For Valentine's Day, we had dinner with my family because we see them too rarely these days. We never go out on V Day because of the insane crowds. The husband has a morbid fear of crowds, which is why we only hit amusement parks on rainy days and Superbowl Sundays.

The husband is going to surprise me with a camera, I think, because he's been shopping online and leaving the browser window open. He doesn't do it on purpose; he's just in the habit of
leaving 10 different windows open, all of which are unsaved. Whereas I like to close every single window except for the one I'm using (if it's not saved then it's not important).

I also spent way too much time grading exams. It used to bother me immensely that my exam average was around 50% but from talking to other instructors, I realize that it's just normal. It doesn't matter if I go over the essay questions ahead of time or if I pass out a study guide. For some reason the average is always around 50%. At least I can use their exam scores to scare them into studying more for the next one.

It's good to get back in our regular routine.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe 50 percent is the average. I would have thought 70 percent but what do I know.

I agree that blogging is impossible with distractions.