Friday, May 9, 2008

Not a cold

It is the worst possible time to come down with a cold. My sister is getting married this weekend in Vegas, and we're going on a trip next week. The whole week, I've been doing nothing but making lists, sorting through clothes, packing, and making more lists. It is hard enough packing for 6 people, but I have to pack for two separate trips! So when I woke up with a sore throat yesterday, I downed a bunch of vitamin C's, some bee propolis, and glasses of water. Then my fever struck, and I was forced to lie down.

While I was lying down, I realized a few things. First of all, I was finally getting enough rest. I went to sleep early, woke up late, and napped. I feel so refreshed and yet woozy. Secondly, I don't spend enough time relaxing with the kids. Normally, I'm going from one task to another or grabbing my alone time. Today I was forced to lie there and watch them run around and play. I got to enjoy them. I have to do it more often. Lastly, despite the lousy timing, a cold is really the worst thing I have to suffer through. The world is full of tragedies, terrible ones. The fact that my worst tragedy is an ill-timed cold makes me one super-blessed woman. And I would be a fool not be thankful.


No comments: