Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cruise Prep

I've been trying to work out like a fiend this week. That's because next week we're going on a cruise for my father-in-law's 80th birthday. I know that despite my best efforts, I will end up gorging at the dinners and buffet. Hey, how often do I get a chance to eat lobster, filet mignon, fancy schmancy duck, souffles, and fruit tarts...all for FREE (it feels free even if it's not).

My plan was to build up my muscles this week so that maybe, wishfully, miraculously the calories will be burned off without any effort. This time, the kids are coming, so we'll have to be extra careful in setting an example for them and not eat as unhealthily or stuff ourselves as much we would if we were by ourselves. That's the funny thing about kids - you think you're doing them good, but it turns out they're doing you good.

Thanks to a funny twist of events I don't have to worry about eating too much anymore. I'm now sick with a sore throat and a fever. Nothing like a golf ball in your throat everytime you swallow to curb your appetite.

One thing - and just about the only thing - I'm not packing is the computer, so it'll be adieu till next week.

No comments: