Monday, September 29, 2008

Word for my soul

I reluctantly admit that the busyness of life has compromised my time with the Lord lately. It's so easy to get caught up with my schedule and list of to-do's. Sure, I may get to places on time (not an easy feat with 4) and keep up with my laundry but there's always an air of frantic-ness that I'm never able to get rid of, not with all my advanced planning.

This week I realized what I've been missing: being close with God, knowing and trusting Him. Whenever I drift from Him (sadly, too many times), I like to return to Him at the source of it all, Jesus.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. John 1:1-3

Ahhhh.


No comments: