Wednesday, December 7, 2005

The Madness Begins

The Christmas rush, that is. I have so many things to do this week that I have a to do list that I look at hourly. Normally I only have a weekly to do list that I follow sporadically. There's the Christmas card that we're still trying to crank out, all the presents that I have to buy, some presents that I have bought and need to return, the price adjustments I have to get because today is a sales day at a lot of places, the presents I have to wrap, the Christmas decorations that we have to finish. Oh yeah, did I mention we're also planning my son’s birthday get-together which is right after Christmas? I have to make a bunch of phone calls to potential party places, decide on the one, and then send out the invitations. Needless to say, it will not be homemade (the invitation and the food). Of course there's the normal mountain of laundry, dishes, and tidying I normally do. All this, and diaper checks every hour.

I'm usually not an anxious person, but I could get to be with this list. I have to remind myself to take it easy and let things be. During times like these, I love to listen to this song by Susan Ashton, Margaret Becker, and Christine Dente.

Taking My Time

The world is turning
Telling me to hurry on
You gotta run to get ahead
Try to take the things that you want
But when the sun begins to set
So many things I haven't done yet

(Chorus) Oh but I won't worry 'cause there's no hurry
The world's not passing me by
"Cause the Lord, He knows just where each day goes
I know He won't leave me behind
And I'm won't be bringing a single thing that my heart can't carry inside
'Cause I'm going home and I'm only taking my time

The weight of worry
is never worth the price
of a world of treasures
that can never satisfy
But I know heaven's up ahead
where the best is yet to come

I'll be singing this song a lot this month.

No comments: