Thursday, December 22, 2005

Movie night

Last night we left the kids with the grandparents and went to see the Narnia movie. We only see a few movies a year, depending on what movies come out, how busy we are, and our finances during those two weeks. So for us, seeing a movie in a theater is an Occasion. It was fun. We both enjoyed the movie and had a good time afterwards discussing it. Maybe it's the mother in me, but the part I liked best was watching the four children. They did such a good job casting the kids, especially Lucy. She was just the cutest sweetest little thing. Whenever Susan came onto the screen, I wondered why teenagers today can't look that wholesome, why they mostly look like near-hookers. And Edmund reminded me a little of my boy, his rebelliousness and the nice round shape of his head. I've heard people say they cried when Aslan sacrificed his life. Not me. The part that made me teary was watching the love and bonding between the siblings. Like I said, it must be the mother in me.

It was a beautiful movie and definitely the best we've seen this year. Of course, the only other ones we've seen this year are Madagascar (with the kids) and Revenge of the Sith so I'm not exactly the most reliable movie critic.

Oh, yeah, I found out that I get carsick looking at Christmas lights. I don't know why. It hasn't happened in previous years. Maybe it's because we were driving around before dinner and my empty stomach made it worse? Or maybe it's just another effect of aging and having children. Probably all of the above and Kevin's crazy driving, too.

No comments: