Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Random catch-up

Yikes it has been a long time. I was actually thinking about shutting this thing down. Is anyone still out there? Wouldn't blame you if you left.

I'm still waiting for Kevin to download or upload or whatever the pictures. We have even more pictures on the camera now because we went to Legoland this past weekend. It's a pretty good place for little kids, except the lines are the slowest I've waited in, and it's way overpriced. But the kids had fun, and that's what counts. When we came home, they were all really tired and cranky from skipping their nap. Made me think how crazy in love with our kids (or just plain crazy) we must be for dragging ourselves around all day in the horrible heat, only to put up with tantrum after tantrum when we got home. Still, it was all worth it at the end of the day, when they were lying in bed together and talking about all the things they had seen at Legoland: "Hey, did you see the giwaffe at Wegowand?"

Last weekend was also my first days back at teaching. I think some of them were surprised that such a humongously pregnant woman would be their teacher. But I reassured them, telling them that it was my 4th one, that there was nothing to worry about, no complications most likely. I also told them not to expect any extra absences because I would pop the baby out and then come right back.

Speaking of baby, I'm in my third semester now, 7 months along. I feel really big and cumbersome. Baby is very active, doing waves across my abdomen. I can't believe it's almost time. We still haven't thought of a name yet. We've been thinking about it but boy names are really hard. Last week, a student asked me if I assign extra credit work, and I thought about giving students extra credit for coming up with decent names. Would that be wrong?

No comments: