Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Lazy

Ahem, is this thing still on? Feels like it's been ages since I've had a coherent thought.

Swimming ended about two weeks ago, and along with that, my drive to wake up in the morning. For the first time in maybe 3 years, we had nothing on our schedules. No school, no soccer, no swimming, no music, no agenda.

It was such a shock to our systems after running around for so long that we did what anyone in our situation would naturally do. We lolled about the house for about a week. Actually, we're still lolling, except I have to periodically dash to the toilet with my baby and hold his weewee down so that it doesn't spray in my face.

I only started the potty training so that I could declare to the husband that I was doing something useful during the day. Besides reading fiction books and catching up on my Hulu shows, I mean. Lucky for me, potty training is just about the only activity that requires us to stay home consistently.

Pretty soon, though, it'll be back to our usual craziness. School's about to start for the two oldest. We've decided to homeschool both of them and see how it works out. Which means I have to get curriculum plans all done. Which means I have to buy the curriculum. I guess I should decide on the curricula soon. Just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap.

Will you look at the time? It just so happens to be naptime!


No comments: