Monday, September 15, 2008

Consumed by Soccer

I have joined the masses and become a Soccer Mom. That means practices 3X a week and two games every Saturday, either at clashing times (8 am and 8:30 am) or all day hours (8 am and 2 pm). Soccer is big here, probably because it doesn't require that much skill to run and chase after a ball at their age. Everyone on my son's team, for example, just runs after the ball in a big swarm. There's no controlling the swarm; it goes where it goes.

My son (#9) & the Black Fire huddling with their coach. You can tell which team names were chosen by the adults and which ones by the kids.

That's him dribbling the ball. Except don't call it dribbling because he'll whine he can't do it.
Here's the coach on his butt after tripping while running backwards because he was yelling at my son not to kick into the other team's goal. Including this one, he almost scored 3 goals.
My daughter also had a game. At her age, they actually have real positions and referees. Here she is playing goalie. Coincidentally, she's also #9, but with the Geckos because her uniform is green & white vertical stripes. It was either the Geckos or the Grasshoppers or Peppermint.

I don't have a picture, but the husband is also a referee. One day I might become team mom but I'm holding out as long as possible. That's yet another perk of having 4 kids; the other moms just look at my 4, ask me if they're all mine, then move on to guilt another mom into being team mom. See, there are plenty of reasons to have 4 kids.


No comments: